Top 5 Must Try Keto Recipes #5 – Keto Fat Bombs
Fat bomb? What’s a fat bomb and why do I want one?
It’s a keto thing.
When you are on the keto diet, you’re not eating carbohydrates of any kind and your body instead burns fat for energy. So, when you are on the keto diet, you need to eat a lot of fats.
Which is where the term “fat bomb” originated.
Of course, they are also delicious and this recipe in particular is a great way to satisfy those sweet tooth cravings when you can’t eat sugar.
Keto Fat Bombs
When my wife first started the keto diet, these were a lifesaver, helping her to feel like she could still eat dessert and treat herself with one of these from time to time.
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup butter (melted)
- 16 oz. cream cheese (2 packages)
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup xylitol or monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with 12 paper liners.
- Soften the cream cheese in the microwave in a medium bowl.
- Beat eggs, sweetener and vanilla extract into the bowl of cream cheese until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the muffin cups. (about ¾ full each).
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
And now it’s time to eat!
Click below for all my Top 5 Must Try Keto Recipes