One of the big things you miss when you give up carbs is noodles. Every culture across the world, from Europe to Asia, have their own noodle dishes and they are all delicious.
Shirataki noodles are incredible! They have 0 calories and almost no carbs per serving. They are 97% water and 3% fiber. And, best of all, they are friendly for low-carb and keto diets.
Here is my take on an Asian stir-fry for all you keto fanatics.
Keto Asian Noodle Stir-fry
As the cook in the family, when my wife decided to try the keto diet, I had to adapt. This has turned out to be one of our favorite dishes you just have to try.
Note: The brand of shirataki noodles I use is “Miracle Noodles,” which are available from my local grocery store.
- 2 7 oz. packets of shirataki noodles (Miracle Noodle)
- 1 onion (sliced into thin strips)
- 1 green bell pepper (sliced into thin strips)
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced into thin strips)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
- Fresh or powdered ginger to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste (for some heat)
- 3-4 tbsp. tamari sauce
- 1 lb. beef or chicken (sliced into strips)
- Rinse the shirataki noodles and then boil for 2-3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Sauté the vegetables on high heat in the olive oil until they begin to soften.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the cooked noodles.
- Add the spices.
- Add the tamari sauce and toss it all together.
- Remove from heat and serve.
And you’re done! As a home cook, I never work with exact amounts, so feel free to adjust to suit your own family’s personal tastes.
You are, of course, free to add whatever vegetables or meat you like to this recipe. Instead of chicken, you could use shrimp. And some vegetables you could add include zucchini, green beans, and snap peas. You can also substitute a spicier pepper for one of the bell peppers, like a poblano to add some more heat if you like that sort of thing (which I do!).
Click below for all my Top 5 Must Try Keto Recipes