Smoothies are a great and easy way to add protein, fibre, vitamins, and other nutrients to your diet, all with the push of a button on your blender. We love these vegan smoothie recipes for a reason — They basically give you superpowers to burn calories, boost your fruits and vegetable intake, strengthen your immune system, provide an endless supply of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals for healthy bones, and even lower your cholesterol and blood pressure levels. Need some ideas for healthy pre workout vegan smoothies? Check out our top 5 list.
Vegan Smoothies – Cinnamon Green
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1 apple
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Blend spinach and almond milk until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients, and blend until smooth.
Vegan Smoothies – Banana Walnut Bliss
- 2cups of plant milk of your choice
- 1/4tspvanilla extract
- a handfulof walnut pieces
- Blend all ingredients together.
Vegan Smoothies – Pink Strawberry Delight
- 1 banana
- 1 cup chopped strawberries (155 g)
- 1 cup plant milk of your choice (250 ml)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- 1 cup spinach
- 3/4 cup coconut water, unsweetened
- 1/2 lemon, peeled or juiced
- 1/2 banana
- 1 orange, peeled
- Blend spinach, coconut water, and orange together until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend again.
Blueberry Almond Butter
- 1 1/2cupsripe chunks frozen banana
- 1/2cupfrozen blueberries
- 1Tbspalmond butter
- 3/4cupunsweetened plain almond milk
- 1Tbspflaxseed meal
- 1Tbspchia seed
- 1-2Tbspprotein powder (optional)
- Add frozen banana, blueberries, almond butter, flaxseed meal, chia seeds, and almond milk to a high-speed blender and blend on high until creamy and smooth.
- To serve: An optional step is to pour a bit of light coconut milk or almond milk into your serving glass(es) first and then top with the smoothie.
- Garnish with additional chia seeds and/or almond butter (optional).